I love to cook. I want to create meals that the people who eat them just love them so much that they cannot help but eat seconds. One day I would love to open my open restaurant to please the people with my own creations, but until that day I am going to share my creations with you. I hope that you cook these and enjoy them as much as I do.
Below you will see a couple or few recipes that I have created that taste really good. The recipes are pretty easy to make. I am including an recipes to create an entire meal, including appetizer, main course and side, and we cannot forget dessert.
All ingredients can be found at your local grocery or if you have a home grown garden most could be pick there.
- 1 loaf(s) (8 ounces) Italian bread
- 1 clove(s) (large) garlic, cut in half
- 1 1/4 pound(s) (8 medium) ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- In small bowl, gently toss tomatoes, onion, basil, oil, salt, and pepper until combined. Let sit while bread is prepared. So all can flavors can mingle together.
- In skillet melt half stick of butter and place bread in hot melted butter. Flip bread to insure that both sides are buttered.
- Toast bread until crusty on both sides. Transfer bread to wire racks to cool slightly. When bread is cool enough to handle, rub 1 side of each toast slice with cut side of garlic. Discard garlic.
- To serve, spoon 1 heaping tablespoon tomato mixture on garlic-rubbed side of each toast slice.
Cajun Chicken Under a Brick
- 1 ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (hot)
- 1 tablespoon and 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian-style seasoning
- 1 tablespoon and 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- garlic powder to taste
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- If chicken is frozen thaw first. Once thawed take a knife and cut slits in chicken so marinade can get in. (May not be necessary but I do it)
- In a large shallow dish, mix the oil, Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and lemon pepper. Place the chicken in the dish, and turn to coat with the mixture. Cover, and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Drain chicken, and discard marinade. Place chicken on hot grill and cover with aluminum foil covered brick.
- Cook for 15minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
Cajun Grilled Roasted Potatoes
- 4 potatoes
- 1 Large Onion
- Minced Garlic
- Pam Cooking Spray
- Cajun Spice
- Pull out a piece of aluminum foil and spray with Pam. Dice up potatoes approx. 2 per person. Cut onion into medium chunks. Mix these items in a bowl add salt, pepper and Cajun Spices to taste, and you can use a garlic seasoning or a fresh minced garlic. Add other seasonings to add different flavor.
- After potatoes, onion, and seasoning mixed place on tinfoil curl up the sides to make a bowl. Now take another piece of tinfoil to place on top of bowl, spray with Pam. Add approximately 4-5 tbsp of butter.
- Once you have the foil packed closed up and ready to go place on grill at medium heat allow approximately 45 min. before cooking meat. When the potatoes are soft take foil pack off grill and place in oven to keep warm.
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar, or to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- Hull strawberries, then wash them and chop into 1/4-inch-thick pieces. Toss with half the sugar, and wait 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they give up their juices.
- Place half the strawberries and all the juice in a blender, and puree. Pour puree back in bowl with chopped strawberries.
- Whip the cream (you are going to want to use a mixer) with remaining sugar and vanilla until cream is stiff and holds peaks easily. Fold berries and cream together, and serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to two hours.