So if you have been reading my blog by now you know that I am laid off, I have had a total of 3 interviews which I know that I am extremely lucky.
Yesterday was my phone interview for an IT Tech position, I had never had one of those before and it was a little wierd. I got the phone call at 11:00 and went into our bedroom so I could concentrate. I talked to them and they sounded nice.
Here are the questions I was asked:
- Tell us a little about yourself
- Why did you leave your old job/why are you wanting to leave?
- What are your qualifications?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What kind of company would you like to work for?
- What do you know about our company?
- What do you look for in a manager/boss?
- What is you greatest strength and weakness?
- What is your pet peeves?
- How well do you handle pressure and stress?
The 9th question that was a weird one, I have never been asked that before and it was hard to answer. I answered it as best I could though. I said ” I guess my pet peeves would be hard headed people and people who just don’t care” Now I am not sure if that is a good answer but that is wh
at they got.
Now I have to wait to see if I made it through round one of their interview.
So that is where I am right now, I would love to hear back from one of the companies that I have interviewed with. Whether it be to tell me that they have found someone else or that they are still deciding. That way I don’t keep my hopes up.
Well if you want to know more about me or my job searches read the previous blogs.
Stay tuned for more from this unemployed male of the midwest.
I don’t even know if anyone is reading this or if I am just sending this out there.